- Part Number: KM06-I
- Case Material: Aluminum
- Magnet Grade: N52
- Magnet pull force: 54 lbs / 24 kgs
- Dimensions: 1.125″ x 2.0″ – 3 ozs.
- Primary Use: Industrial Scrap Metal Recycling – Gold And Silver Testing
- Secondary Use: Heavy Duty Pickup / Retriever Magnet
- Cap Material: Vinyl Rubber
The Strongest Stock Retrieval and Metal Testing Magnet We Make. 54 lbs (24 kgs pull force)
- Identify and sort steel grades and metal alloys that contain iron, nickel, or cobalt.
- Identify/sort chrome plated items from polished aluminum, silver, and non-magnetic grades of stainless steel
- Identify/sort solid brass and bronze from plated steel items (handy in the antique market and hardware store)
- Identify/sort some types of costume (fake) jewelry, which often uses steel or nickel as the base material under the plating.
- Use as a very powerful magnetic pickup, not like those 1/2 pound jokes at the hardware store.
- Attach to your fishing line and cast away. You will find all sorts of sunken goodies. I am told that if you live in a big city, bridges are an excellent place to go “magnet fishing.” If you want to retrieve really big items (like engine blocks), use this magnet as an underwater finder, when it latches on to something, you can drop a very large normal magnet and pull up as much as you or your boat winch will lift.
- Also handy for science experiments involving ferromagnetism
The magnet insert is rated at 54 lbs (as with all magnets, this rating depends on the magnet mating to a smooth, flat, unpainted steel surface and is intended only for comparative purposes).
1-1/8″ (30mm) diameter x 7/8″ (22mm)tall head
2″ (50mm) overall length
3/8″ (10mm) diameter handle
1/2″ (12.5mm) diameter heavy-duty stainless steel split ring.
The aluminum casing protects the magnet from chipping and breaking and makes removing iron and steel shavings much easier. A removable vinyl cover is also included. We strongly recommend that you keep the vinyl cover on when not in use, and even in most cases that you are using it.
These are made in the USA.