- Part Number:HM02-I
- Case Material: Aluminum / Acetal Resin
- Magnet Grade:N52
- Magnet pull force: 40 lbs / 18 kgs
- Dimensions:6.5″ x 1″ – 8 ozs.
- Primary Use: Industrial Scrap Metal Recycling And Precious Metal Evaluation (Gold & Silver)
- Secondary Use: Medium Duty Pickup / Retriever Magnet
- Cap Material: Vinyl Rubber
Metal Test Magnet – 40 lb N52 Grade Neodymium Rare Earth With Handle”:
1. Industrial Scrap Metal Recycling Tool: This 40 lb N52 grade neodymium magnet with a handle is a valuable tool for industrial scrap metal recycling. It aids in identifying and sorting various metal types efficiently.
2. Precious Metal Evaluation: In addition to sorting, this magnet is useful for evaluating precious metals like gold and silver, helping to distinguish them from other metallic materials.
3. Versatile Applications: This magnet is versatile and serves as a medium-duty pickup and retriever magnet, making it a handy tool for a range of applications beyond scrap metal sorting.
4. Material and Build: The magnet’s aluminum and acetal resin case provides durability, protection against chipping, and easy removal of iron and steel shavings, ensuring long-lasting performance.
5. Compatibility: It can identify and sort steel grades, metal alloys containing iron, nickel, or cobalt, chrome-plated items, polished aluminum, silver, and non-magnetic grades of stainless steel.
6. Useful in Antique Market: It’s particularly handy in the antique market for identifying and sorting solid brass and bronze items from plated steel items.
7. Jewelry Identification: This magnet can assist in identifying some types of costume (fake) jewelry that often use steel or nickel as the base material under the plating.
8. Magnetic Pickup: It serves as a powerful magnetic pickup tool, aiding in retrieving metal objects quickly and efficiently.
9. Educational Tool: Ideal for educational purposes, this magnet can be used in science experiments involving ferromagnetism, making it a valuable tool for students and educators.
10. Made in the USA: These magnets are proudly made in the USA, ensuring quality and reliability.
11. Magnet Rating: The 40 lb magnet rating is a reference point indicating its magnetic strength when mated to a smooth, flat, unpainted steel surface. Note that this rating does not indicate its lifting capacity.