- Part Number: KMC01-H
- Case Material: Copper
- Magnet Grade: N52
- Magnet pull force:4 lbs. / 1.8 kgs
- Dimensions:.75″ x 0.375″ 0.6 ozs.
- Primary Use: Keyring hanging and storage
- Secondary Use: Tool hanging and storage
Mighty-Mini Copper Keyring / Key Chain Magnet Assembly.
A powerful N52 grade neodymium rare earth magnet is encased in copper and comes with a split ring. This magnet is rated at 4 lbs of pull force. Use it for:
- Hanging Keys; attach to your keyring and hang on any plain/painted steel surface (even stainless steel in most circumstances). It easily held a set with a large carabiner and at least 20 keys.
- Identifying and sort steel grades and metal alloys that contain iron, nickel, or cobalt
- Identifying fake/plated jewelry, which often uses steel as the base metal
- Identifying solid brass and bronze antiques (replicas are usually brass coated steel or iron)
- Magic tricks and science experiments
The copper casing protects the magnet from chipping and breaking, which are common problems with unmounted rare earth magnets. It also provides a way to carry the magnet or hang it on a peg hook. These magnets are made in the USA. The copper will patina to a brick reddish-brown. If you would like to keep it bright, clean with Brasso, or equivalent metal polish.