- Part Number:KM02-I
- Case Material:Aluminum
- Cap Material:Vinyl
- Magnet Grade :N52
- Magnet pull force:6.5 lbs. / 2.95 kgs
- Dimensions:1.5″ x 0.375″ 0.5 ozs.
- Primary Use:Industrial Scrap Metal Testing
- Secondary Use:Light Duty Pickup / Retriever Magnet
Compact Metal Testing Magnet For Gold, Silver, and Scrap Metals. Contains The Most Powerful Grade of Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet (N52)
- Identify and sort steel grades and metal alloys that contain iron, nickel, or cobalt.
- Identify/sort chrome plated items from polished aluminum, silver, and non-magnetic grades of stainless steel
- Identify/sort solid brass and bronze from plated steel items (handy in the antique market and hardware store)
- Identify/sort some types of costume (fake) jewelry, which often uses steel or nickel as the base material under the plating.
- Also handy for science experiments involving ferromagnetism
The magnet insert is rated at 6 lbs (as with all magnets, this rating depends on the magnet mating to a smooth, flat, unpainted steel surface) this rating is only intended as a reference, and does not indicate lifting capacity.
The aluminum casing protects the magnet from chipping and breaking, and makes removing iron and steel shavings much easier. These are made in the USA.